Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Figures Are In and The Challenge Is On

Can I really sustain a daily photo blog  for an indefintie time with the self imposed restriction that all material must be about Spring Hope; a community of a little over 2000 men, women, and children? I mean, wouldn't I be running out of material fairly fast?  That was the skepticism I had to overcome in my own mind before launching All Things Spring Hope.  Ignoring for the moment my reason for wanting to do such a thing in the first place, the thing that convinced me that it was more than doable was a simple math problem.

People photography is my favorite genre.  So I figured that if I did nothing but try to come up with an interesting portarait or canid shot of every town member day by day, it seems that with 365 days a year to work through 2200 people, it would take me a little over 6 years. And that's without repeating anybody. Of course not everyone is going to be keen on having their photo made but I think 50% would be open to it. If so, then I'm down to just 3 years. But then, there are dozens of historic, incredibly interesting homes in our little town too; probably enough to get it back up to the 6 year mark. And then there's the animal kingdom. I already know of  a photogenic, 7 foot Boa Constrictor and a fiesty 3 legged dog in town, and who knows what else I'll discover?  So the available material for a city blog might not be as abundant or quite exciting as, say, Hollywood California, but I believe plenty is here for accomplishing my purposes. The only question is do I have enough discipline and skill to pull it off?  Time will tell.


Joe E. A. Wilkinson, Wilkinson Estate Services, LLC

Two hundred year old nails from one of Joe's antique shops.


No comments:

Post a Comment